Simple Queue output (old API) changed structure

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
xenonism

Simple Queue output (old API) changed structure

Post by xenonism »

I'm not sure this should be in Bug Reports, so I apologize if it shouldn't. Anyway...

The API was changed significantly with release 2.0.0, but according to the wiki, the old queue API (or "Simple Queue output") should still be available, to be deprecated in version 2.1.0 and eventually phased out one day. Despite this, while running version 2.0.0 and invoking the queue API with the "api?mode=qstatus", the JSON response doesn't include the "jobs" element and the "state" information is replaced by "status". Is this something that could be fixed, while third parties implement the new API system, or is intentional and I am missing something about the whole API switch?

Thanks in advance. :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Simple Queue output (old API) changed structure

Post by safihre »

Yeah sorry.. Thought it was the same but clearly wasn't. Not switching it back for 2.0.1 again, so hope external apps will make the switch..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
xenonism

Post by xenonism »

Thanks for your reply. If external apps just made the switch, they would break compatibility with <2.0.0, so having both structures available for a while would have been useful, but if it's not going to happen, at least now we know.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I meant the switch to the 'queue' API call, this one is the same throughout all versions :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
xenonism

Post by xenonism »

Ah, ok! :) Understood.