Win10 - Windows Error 0xc0000142 on reinstall

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
reekaro

Win10 - Windows Error 0xc0000142 on reinstall

Post by reekaro »

Windows 10, post creators update (was running 1.3.x just fine previous). Attempted login URL, and got 'Access Denied'.

Checked firewall and had two entries (sabnzbd and sabnzbd 1.3.x).

Decided to install sabnzbd 2.0 as admin, then received 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)' error.

Am i being particularly obtuse on this? If so, please show me and I'll agree. Google and wiki didn't appear to have anything about it, so I'm mystified.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Win10 - Windows Error 0xc0000142 on reinstall

Post by safihre »

Make sure that you restart your system twice after the Windows update, it seems after every one of these big updates everything only works fine after the second restart.
Then reinstall sabnzbd, just to be sure and try to start it again. There is no sabnzbd 1.3 release, so that's a bit strange.
You can also try to remove both firewall rules before reinstall, just to be sure. During the install sabnzbd will try to add the correct firewall rule.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
reekaro

Re: Win10 - Windows Error 0xc0000142 on reinstall

Post by reekaro »

The system had been restarted many times after the reboot with no apparent effect. What worked for me was:

1. Complete removal of sabnzbd through the control panel
2. Removal of older version of sabnzbd entry in firewall (was 1.2.1, not 1.3.x, sorry)
3. Complete reinstall of sabnzbd 2.0.0
4. Two reboots after the install

After all of that, the config panel came up :) Odd thing is that I now have 4 entries for sabnzbd in the firewall allow list, and it wont let me remove any of them.

Also, since I am so badly organized in my personal life, I forgot whom I was using for my newsgroups access. I just signed up for newsgroups ninja (seemed like good reviews) and will cancel my other provider when I get my next bank statement.

I should also see if there is an export settings option in sabnzbd so I can do lazy mode in case Win10 decides to hose me again.