....moving.....................................

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Confused_too

....moving.....................................

Post by Confused_too »

Hi
I've noticed something odd for the first time. And only because I was running a little low on space.

Sabnzbd downloads a nzb file and while it is downloading it goes to "incomplete" ---> fine with this

When it is complete it works on unpacking and it creates a _UNPACK_Lalalawhatever folder ---> fine

And last it says: moving...................................... and it takes a lot of time with this when we are talking about maybe a group of 10 x 4 gigs files..................... why?
Because it is not moving. It is not renaming the _UNPACK_ folder either. It is copying all the files to a new folder !!!!! ----> not fine. Loss of time and space .

If I'm missing some option I should have checked in the program I'd appreciate if you can point it to me. If not oh please fix this.

Thanks in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ....moving.....................................

Post by safihre »

This sometimes happens when the file system cannot do the move as a simple rename that's instantaneous. For example if a virusscanner is blocking the file. This happens more often on Windows.
If it stays blocked, sabnzbd will eventually switch to really copying the files which takes much much longer.
If you have this problem more often, you can disable "Enable folder rename" in Config Switches.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Confused_too

Re: ....moving.....................................

Post by Confused_too »

That did it thank you.
It is not a problem with small files, but with a big pack of files it was taking 30 mins to unpack and then another 20 to copy them. :0
And yes I have W10 :D