UnRAR fails with V2.2.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
patzek

UnRAR fails with V2.2.0

Post by patzek »

Hello,

after update to version 2.2.0 I#m getting errors while unrar.
Sabnzbd is telling me that unpacking has failed -> Unrar not installed? (rarfile.UNRAR_TOOL='unrar')
When I take a look at the program folder (Windows 10 x64) I see a win folder with unrar.exe inside and a folder for the x64 version of unrar.exe (also present)

Any hints to solve this problem are welcome.

Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UnRAR fails with V2.2.0

Post by safihre »

Could you post the whole error?

To get more information, can you switch logging to Debug in the Status window? Then restart sabnzbd. After this you can click Show Logging, now at almost the end of the log it should list where it thinks unrar is located.
If that location is fine, download something and wait for it to fail. Then check the log again and see if you can find the error and the Traceback where it's goes wrong.
If you can't find it, you can email me the log at [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I found the bug and hope to fix it in 2.2.1 that will come at the end of the week.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
patzek

Post by patzek »

Great news ...

And many thanks to you for your fast support.
Agger96

Post by Agger96 »

Did you get an error while installing somthing along the lines of"... X64/Unrar.exe access denied"? For some reason even though im on my admin account I could not delete that file, nor could i change the permissions on it. I found a program that let me see what was locking me out of the file and it told me malwarebytes was locking the file (I have no idea why). I used the same program to delete the file and then I was able to install with no errors. The program I used was called Lockhunter. I guess if you have malwarebytes this might be your issue.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Thanks for reporting!
You are not the first to report problems with Malwarebytes, it's heuristics seems to label UnRar as bad. Probably because all the disk read/write it does.