[SOLVED] active connections shown for wrong server

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Post Reply
User avatar
OneCD
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 146
Joined: March 4th, 2017, 3:47 pm

[SOLVED] active connections shown for wrong server

Post by OneCD » September 27th, 2017, 4:50 am

Hello.

Hopefully, I'll explain this correctly. ;)

Environment
SAB 2.3.0 with 'Glitter - Night' skin. Viewed via FireFox 52.3.0 ESR on Debian Stretch.

I have 3 servers configured. SRV1 is priority 0, SRV2 is priority 1, SRV3 is priority 2.

All 3 are enabled.

What I did
I started by examining my current active connections in 'Status and interface options' -> [Connections] tab.

[Show active connections] is ticked. There are 3 server connection list sections shown (SRV1, SRV2, SRV3).

For the current download, only connections are being made to SRV1.

I navigated into 'SABnzbd Config' -> [Servers] then unticked the [Enabled] box for SRV1, then returned to the download queue screen.

Problem
I then clicked on 'Status and interface options' -> [Connections] tab.

There are still 3 server connection list sections shown (SRV1, SRV2, SRV3). And the connections that are now being made to SRV2 appear in the connection list box for SRV1.

Workaround
To correct this, I launched a new browser tab (and closed the old one), loaded my SAB interface again, then examined 'Status and interface options' -> [Connections] tab again. Now, there are the expected 2 server connection list sections (for SRV2 and SRV3), and the current connections are correctly shown in the list box for SRV2.

Display bug?
Last edited by OneCD on September 28th, 2017, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CouchPotato CRON Debian DNSMasq Entware-3x FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd+ SickRage Transmission Usenet VirtualBox WordPress XFCE

User avatar
safihre
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2479
Joined: April 30th, 2015, 7:35 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: active connections shown for wrong server

Post by safihre » September 27th, 2017, 5:00 am

Did you do the " 'SABnzbd Config' -> [Servers] " in a separate tabs or same window? It also takes a few seconds before the servers are reset (have to shutdown Downloader first), so could be during that time.
Only on a full page refresh indeed refreshes the connections, to preserve CPU when updating the connections.

User avatar
OneCD
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 146
Joined: March 4th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Re: active connections shown for wrong server

Post by OneCD » September 27th, 2017, 1:04 pm

safihre wrote:
September 27th, 2017, 5:00 am
Did you do the " 'SABnzbd Config' -> [Servers] " in a separate tabs or same window?
All in the same window.
safihre wrote:
September 27th, 2017, 5:00 am
It also takes a few seconds before the servers are reset (have to shutdown Downloader first), so could be during that time.
I left it for a couple of minutes to see if it would update the layout, but it didn't. However, the connections were clearly live.
safihre wrote:
September 27th, 2017, 5:00 am
Only on a full page refresh indeed refreshes the connections, to preserve CPU when updating the connections.
Would it be possible to refresh when returning to the download queue from the configuration pages?
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CouchPotato CRON Debian DNSMasq Entware-3x FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd+ SickRage Transmission Usenet VirtualBox WordPress XFCE

User avatar
OneCD
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 146
Joined: March 4th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Re: active connections shown for wrong server

Post by OneCD » September 28th, 2017, 2:01 pm

I can confirm that your commit https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/comm ... 99a0b5a218 fixes this.

Thanks safihre. :)
Stuff I like: Apache BASH CouchPotato CRON Debian DNSMasq Entware-3x FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo S20 Python Raspberry Pi RAID SABnzbd+ SickRage Transmission Usenet VirtualBox WordPress XFCE

Post Reply