nzo file not loading - nzb file too big?

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
fractus

nzo file not loading - nzb file too big?

Post by fractus »

heey everybody,

I am downloading something big, like 80GB, and therefore i have an enormous nzb-file, 20 MB.
Now everything is OK, until i shut down sabnzbd. When i do so, and i start it up the next time, i get this error:

ERROR [sabnzbd] Loading C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\cache\SABnzbd_nzo_t2fg4n failed

He can't load it, and i think it has something to do with the big size, because i've never had this error before, but i've had it already 2 times with this big job.

Anybody any suggestions?
switch

Re: nzo file not loading - nzb file too big?

Post by switch »

How come you have such big jobs? Can they not be split up into smaller NZB files?

How do you shutdown sabnzbd, is it when your pc shut's down, manually, or through the task manager.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Which OS do you use?
Is  memory usage an issue?
If you are low on memory do you have a page file or page partition on disk?
fractus

Post by fractus »

I use Windows Vista Premium, my memory usage is no issue at all, got 1-2 GB left, and i does all fit on my disk partition.
Of course i can split it up in smaller nzb files, and then do the repair manually, but i thought sabnzbd should be able to handle this, because the jobs are becoming bigger and bigger these days (HD video files).
And i've shut sabnzbd down with the shut down button on the home tab. Just normal, i thought...

Of course it can be solved by splitting the job, but maybe this is something for the next release, so i don't have to repair and rar manually.

Are there any solutions to make it work normal?
switch

Post by switch »

Yes but SABnzbd is designed around having a separate nzb for each rar set. Yes it can handle mutliple rar sets in one nzb, however that is not the best way to use SABnzbd.

If you are using newzbin, export your nzb's into SABnzbd either by using the firefox plugin nzbdstatus or by selecting "As Zip file, individually" when exporting multiple files. SABnzbd supports zip and rar files full of nzb files uploaded both through the UI and through the blackhole.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

0.4.11 is a bit problematic when it comes to handling huge NZB files.
I can sign-up you for the Release Test group, so you get access to the 0.5.0 pre-release.
The NZB-parser has been completely redesigned for that release.
fractus

Post by fractus »

First: This whole thing (80GB) is ONE rar set (can you believe it?!?)
Somebody posted a lot of HD movies into one single rar set...

And thank you very much for the offer to sign me up for the release test group, but this is the first time and probably the last time i downloaded something this big, at least the last time before the new release. So it's not necessary to sign me up for the release test group, because it is a single problem, not something frequent. But thanks anyway for the offer!

I've downloaded almost 40 GB, so i'll make an other nzbfile for the last 40GB, then it should work, i think :P

I'm glad to know that it will be solved by the next release, thank you for your support!
Nil Einne
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Nil Einne »

Am I right that if I already encounter this problem I'm screwed and the new version won't help?

I use the free NZB services and tend to use a single NZB for multiple rarsets because it's easier to download and easier to manage with standalone usenet clients (IMHO). I made the mistake of doing the same thing with SABNZBd. (I found out this was problematic because of the inability to sort. Since this was 6 seasons of a series and it's out of order that's annoying. Of course I later realised SABnzbd+ waits until the end to extract etc or at least I think so, so it doesn't really matter what order it's in if it's the same NZB. But anyway by that time it was too late)

Anyway so I had a 65gb NZB file which only had 8gb left. I had already restarted several times for various reasons. In fact I even survived a out of diskspace (cache and downloading same drive at the time and I forgot to set reserved space) without problem. Then today I restarted to test something and when I came back I found the 65gb qued item was missing! I looked in the log and saw a similar issue

2009-10-01 X ERROR [sabnzbd] Loading C:\Documents and Settings\X\Local Settings\Application Data\sabnzbd\cache\SABnzbd_nzo_rj38qg failed

Before I came across this post I looked into the NZO (which is about 20 mb) to see if I can work out whats wrong. It looks like it is cut off/incomplete. So I'm guessing I basically can't recover?

Therefore I'm going to either download everything again (since it's ~1mbit connection this isn't a good option) or manually extract etc (well I can probably use Newsleecher or something else) and then work out what's missing (shouldn't actually be too hard since the files are downloaded in order, I think I already know). Since this is a very distant (i.e. high latency) remote computer you can guess it's rather annoying but oh well...

Oh thought though. While the new engine sounds great might it also be an idea to automatically keep a backup of the NZO and other important cache files? Obviously optionally. If one gets corrupt load an older one. You'll download some stuff again I guess but won't be so bad.

Anyway thanks for a mostly good program and for any responses :-)

Cheers
Last edited by Nil Einne on October 1st, 2009, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

There are two major problems in SABnzbd that we must one day handle.

The queue administration is vulnerable for crashes and disk full situations.
Performance is worse for 1 job of 80G than for 8 jobs of 10G.

Both require a large re-write of the basic queue design.
A very big task we are hesitating to undertake.
Also because for most people in most situations it runs very well.

Because SABnzbd is meant for fully automated downloads and pre-processing
it contains no options for manual recovery.
The best thing to do is to see which files are actually in the "incomplete" folder,
individually download the missing ones and then run par2 and unrar manually.

To be quite honest. If your usenet servers and /or NZB files are not reliable enough
to get a good result 90% of the time, then SABnzbd isn't the program for you.