Force Download single item moves on to force next nzb

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Bane1979

Force Download single item moves on to force next nzb

Post by Bane1979 »

Hi all,
I've searched the forums and found a few topics but none to resolve the issue.
I'm on Win10, using edge(sorry)

scenario:
If my entire queue is paused, and I select a single item to force download, it does so nicely. Although, once complete, it just moves onto force the next item in the queue and so on until the queue is cleared.
Note: The queue status and individual item status remain as "paused" but the progress bar continues to download.

Has anyone found a fix for this?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Force Download single item moves on to force next nzb

Post by safihre »

So the thing is that the download-system will go and check if there's new articles beyond the Forced item to fill up any "empty" connections on your server, this is a bit of a known bug.
It shouldn't do the whole queue though..
To really only download the Force item, make sure you are on version 2.3.2 and then go to Config > Switches > Enable Advanced settings (top) > "Only Get Articles for Top of Queue"
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Bane1979

Post by Bane1979 »

Thank you!
Makes sense. I'll enable the switch! (was so much simpler in older versions :D)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So it really continues through your whole queue? It doesn't stop at all after the Forced item is done?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Hello, I might jump in on this as I've just seen the same behavior.

Using SABnzbd 2.3.3 from the 'master' GitHub branch on Debian 9.4

Whole queue is paused. First item is changed to 'forced' priority. It is downloading as expected. It is 3 hours old and is downloading from my priority 0 server that has 1,000 days retention.

However, much further down the queue, a really old item (2,679 days old) is also downloading from one of my lower priority servers (priority 4) that has much longer retention (3,000 days). The old queue item priority is 'normal' and is currently queue list item 153 out of 195.

If I grab that first item (the 'forced' one), and move it down so it's no longer forced, I can watch the connections drop (via a second browser), and also see the connections drop for the old item. Make that first item 'forced' again, and the old item starts again too.

This does seem to agree with @safihre's comments in the second post. ;D
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE