Sabnzbd won't start at all (MacOS)

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Zeberus

Sabnzbd won't start at all (MacOS)

Post by Zeberus »

Hello!
Sabnzbd worked finde for a very long time but since i made a change from host adress 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0. <- i noticed the extra dot is not supposed to be there, the program wouldn't start at all. I changed it back in the ini file but it did not fix the problem. So i made a clean install and it still doesn't run. I have no clue how to approach the problem since i deleted all the Application Data Files but since the program doesn't start at all it doesn't write any logs.
Maybe there might be a problem with the python version but it worked just fine beforehand and i just made this small change.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzbd won't start at all (MacOS)

Post by safihre »

Sabnzbd includes its own python, so no need to worry about it.
Do you have the sabnzbd icon in your top menu bar? You could use it to do a safe restart maybe. Or it doesn't show at all?

You could alsp try to run it from the command line to see what errors pop up:

/Applications/SABnzbd.app/Contents/MacOS/SABnzbd --console
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Zeberus

Post by Zeberus »

Thank you for the quick answer. The Application Data I deleted came from my portable version (I just forgot about it). The Filepath was hidden and i did not quite realize it. So I started it via console and got that error. And then i finally saw it clear. I opened the hidden Librarypath and changed the real Sabnzbd.ini and now it works again.
Thank you!

"error: No socket could be created -- (('0.0.0.0.', 8080): [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known)"
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Great!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
kazzo123

Post by kazzo123 »

Hi everyone. I am very new to Sabnzbd on Mac. I just downloaded the newwest version but it won't even open on start. I read many forum posts, tried installing older Sabnzbd versions, but somehow it won't even open. Also when I try to open http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ in my browser I get an error message saying no connection is possible. Can anyone please try and help me out..?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

What version did you download? 2.3.5 or 2.3.6Beta1?
The Beta1 has a problem: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23676
kazzo123

Post by kazzo123 »

I did download 2.3.5. I also tried previous versions, but all won't load. For a fraction of a second an icon appears in the top right menu bar, then disappears again. I run OS X El Capitan
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Could you try to run it from the terminal? The command is listed a few posts above. It should output the error to the screen.
obospieler

Post by obospieler »

Hello all! I realize this is an old thread. But I am really struggling with this. SAB tried to open (I see the logo in the menu bar) but then never really does. It just quits. Here is my setup:

Mac Mini 2011
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
8 GB RAM
250 SSD Hard Drive
(Drobo 7 TB Storage for downloads)

SAB 3.1.1

I tried the console command to open which threw no errors that I could see, but the same results. Saw the logo for about a minute then SAB just closed.
obospieler

Post by obospieler »

I figured it out!

In my ini file, I had specified the internal IP address for my Mac, but the IPs changed with a new router and it was crashing. After I changed the host to the name of my Mac (no IP), then we were good to go!