GUI on latest update not starting every time.

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
duffer99

GUI on latest update not starting every time.

Post by duffer99 »

It's not a huge issue but after the latest upgrade install, the gui did not start up as usual- nothing happened. I rebooted and then it popped up normally in chrome. I don't usually have to do that. Fast forward to today and the same thing happened, i couldn't get the gui to start but i knew sab was running because the jobs were completing. After a reboot the gui started normally. I am on Windows 10 home. Sab 2.3.6 I do not have it set to run on startup, just to associate with nzbs.

Duffer
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GUI on latest update not starting every time.

Post by safihre »

What do you mean with start? Since you don't have it set to show on startup?
If you just go to the browser and then open the Sab address, or right click the tray icon and click Show interface, what happens?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
duffer99

Post by duffer99 »

after a reboot sab doesn't launch until i start my first nzb. At which point it launches a new tab in chrome. sometimes i close tabs including sab. if I need to start the gui again to access the que or history Ill launch the exe again from the desktop, which always launches a new tab. The tray icon is hidden. This has worked every time for years except after the last update. Now every 4th or 5th time, that doesn't work, i can click and click and the gui does not launch, i have to reboot to get it work launch again. sab is still running the whole time, I just can't control or view it. Its not a huge deal, just different than it used to behave.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Nothing changed in that part of Sabnzbd, it's more likely something on your system that changed. Probably the virusscanner or firewall not trusting the new installation.

Instead of using the exe, just use the tray icon or bookmark the Sabnzbd address in Chrome, just as convenient.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate