Unchecking "check before download" switch changes "verify" UI to "download" UI for a current NZB

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
yukon-cornelius

Unchecking "check before download" switch changes "verify" UI to "download" UI for a current NZB

Post by yukon-cornelius »

joombler wrote: August 18th, 2019, 8:08 am Version: 2.3.9 [03c10dc]
If I hold/pause sabnzbd manually and then directly download an nzb, it scans the 'watched' folder and starts downloading instead of waiting until the 'Pause' status is changed manually into 'Resume'. Can you tell me how to solve? Thanks!
Version: 2.3.9 [03c10dc]

TITLE: Unchecking "check before download" switch changes "verify" UI to "download" UI for a current NZB
STEPS:
1. Ensure "check before download" is checked in Switches tab.
2. Import an NZB to begin verifying files.
3. Go back to Switches & uncheck "check before download", then save changes.
4. Return to dashboard.
>> Progress bars switch to green.
>> "Verify" is replaced with ETA.
>> Files are still being verified, and will actually begin downloading once verification is completed.

NOTE: I think I have a different problem which stems from the same issue ... by removing the "verify" step, the progress bars will shift from blue to green (in both progress screen & individual NZB's folder view), and the ETA changes from "Verify" to an actual time estimate. It's only the UI that's affected, though, since the core engine is still verifying, and will switchover to downloading articles with progress bars 0'd & displaying correctly in green. I think this might be similar to 119448 because these 2 issues both occur right after the option is saved, and the UI updates to reflect the current NZB's & switches, regardless of what the core engine is doing (whether that be paused or verifying).

This might be a 2nd issue, but I've also found my queue isn't saving any custom reorder, but instead when a new NZB is loaded, the queue resets to the order of imported NZB's until those jobs are cleared via completion, error, or deletion.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unchecking "check before download" switch changes "verify" UI to "download" UI for a current NZB

Post by safihre »

This option was never made to be switched on and off while there was still a queue active. It's also an option we don't really encourage anymore, since the fast-fail method we have now is quicker and in almost all cases just as reliable :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Unchecking "check before download" switch changes "verify" UI to "download" UI for a current NZB

Post by sander »

safihre wrote: August 21st, 2019, 12:51 am It's also an option we don't really encourage anymore, since the fast-fail method we have now is quicker and in almost all cases just as reliable :)
So ... remove from GUI in next release ... ?