Disk space not reported correctly on Mac Catalina

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Deamon1234

Disk space not reported correctly on Mac Catalina

Post by Deamon1234 »

Hi, I am having issues with disk space since upgrading to Catalina. I have about 300GB free on my internal drive but Sabnzdb reports out of disk space. Even if a create a separate APFS volume it shows the correct free space in the download page but then pauses because it thinks it has no disk space.

If I connect a external USB drive and point the temp download folder there, it works fine.
silverfish

Re: Disk space not reported correctly on Mac Catalina

Post by silverfish »

Deamon1234 wrote: November 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm Hi, I am having issues with disk space since upgrading to Catalina. I have about 300GB free on my internal drive but Sabnzdb reports out of disk space. Even if a create a separate APFS volume it shows the correct free space in the download page but then pauses because it thinks it has no disk space.

If I connect a external USB drive and point the temp download folder there, it works fine.

I was also getting the no disk space issue after upgrading to Catalina so I was searching for a solution and did as you said , I connected an external USB drive and now it is working fine.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Disk space not reported correctly on Mac Catalina

Post by sander »

Catalina has extra security features which prevent random, full disk access for applications (like SABnzbd). See https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/issues/1343

So maybe this is related? No access granted, so no disk space ... ?