MacOS Catalina: Error "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable" while running rar_unpack on

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
nielvrom

MacOS Catalina: Error "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable" while running rar_unpack on

Post by nielvrom »

Sinds I've updated my mac to macOS Catalina I'm getting this error:
Error "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable" while running rar_unpack on ...
He downloads the files but he doesn't unpack them.

What could be the problem here?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: MacOS Catalina: Error "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable" while running rar_unpack on

Post by sander »

Catalina again ... Catalina is quite disruptive ... there is quite something on.

Did you google "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable"?

First Google hit tells me "For future googlers, the problem with convert here is that macOS Catalina dropped support for 32-bit executables."

So did you check the bitness of unrar? To me it looks the unrar and other binaries provied by SABnzbd 2.3.9 are 64bit:

Code: Select all

sander@witte:/media/sander/SABnzbd-2.3.9/SABnzbd.app/Contents/Resources/osx$ find .  -type f | xargs file 
./7zip/7za:          Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|WEAK_DEFINES|BINDS_TO_WEAK|PIE>
./par2/par2-sl64:    Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|BINDS_TO_WEAK>
./unrar/unrar:       Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|WEAK_DEFINES|BINDS_TO_WEAK|PIE>
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MacOS Catalina: Error "[Errno 86] Bad CPU type in executable" while running rar_unpack on

Post by safihre »

Probably you are not using 2.3.9, I had people confirm that 2.3.9 works well on Catalina: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... _catalina/
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
nielvrom

Post by nielvrom »

Works with the new version, thanks!