Detect duplicate episodes in series - Not working 2.3.9?

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
airguy

Detect duplicate episodes in series - Not working 2.3.9?

Post by airguy »

I have been getting many duplicate downloads for TV series after upgrading to 2.3.9. I have checked my setting in config/switches/ and cycled the setting to off - save changes-discard-save changes but still not working. I noticed that I wasn't seeing a list of skipped Nzb's on the main screen like I used to. Then checking history showed many duplicate episodes being downloaded.

I downgraded back to 2.3.8. and it's working again.

Anyone else see this happening with 2.3.9?
Last edited by airguy on November 26th, 2019, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Detect duplicate episodes in series - Not working 2.3.9?

Post by safihre »

We are not aware of any changes to the function.
Do you have example NZB's that should be detected as duplicates and could you send them to me here or at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Redux

Post by Redux »

airguy wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 9:21 am I have been getting many duplicate downloads for TV series
Yes. My issue may be different than yours, specifically related to Catalina upgrade on Mac. Permissions issue, Sonarr is not seeing most recent episode so it wants it again and again.

EDITED TO ADD: A simple fix, but very dangerous, is to give full disk access to sh. If you don't know how to do that you can search for "Mac full disk access" and also "Mac making invisible files visible" (which you'll have to do to see sh). Doing this makes your computer very vulnerable and is not a wise thing to do. You can also look into running Sonarr from terminal. Hopefully Sonarr is going to be updated someday.
Last edited by Redux on November 25th, 2019, 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
airguy

Post by airguy »

safihre wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 10:11 am We are not aware of any changes to the function.
Do you have example NZB's that should be detected as duplicates and could you send them to me here or at [email protected]?
I sent you some example files to your email that I know were duplicate downloads. 2.3.8 is working fine. I might go back to 2.3.9 and try it again.
Thanks.
astr0b0y

Post by astr0b0y »

I have had the same problem for some time now, thought it was something on my end. Absolutely no duplicates are detected for me and I typically see dozens of dupes each day that need to be cleaned up. OS X 10.14.6.
Redux

Post by Redux »

astr0b0y wrote: November 24th, 2019, 5:55 am I have had the same problem for some time now, thought it was something on my end. Absolutely no duplicates are detected for me and I typically see dozens of dupes each day that need to be cleaned up. OS X 10.14.6.
Are you using Sonarr by any chance? If you are, it is likely Sonnar that's not detecting the new episodes. The simple solution, added to my post above, is dangerous.
astr0b0y

Post by astr0b0y »

No, not using Sonarr.
airguy

Post by airguy »

Well, it seems that this problem isn't universal as not many seem to have this trouble. I am staying with 2.3.8 and will try 2.4.0 when it comes out. 2.3.8 is working fine so don't want to change back for now.
BTW, am running WHS 2011 (Windows Server 2008, R2).
Tracat

Post by Tracat »

I'm having the same problem. I'm running 2.3.9-40 on a Synology NAS (Xpenology). I thought it was initially because I didn't have an nzb backup folder created so i created one and the nzb backup files are being put there ok.
However every day I have to remove/delete multiple copies of TV shows that have downloaded overnight via my RSS feed.
I've also tried to change/save the settings before putting it back to discard and no change.

Not sure if I can downgrade to 2.3.8 as it won't be available in the community packages list?

If you need copies of the nzb files let me know, but this happens with multiple series, not limited to one.