'Retry' fails to process unprocessed downloads

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Sarcas

'Retry' fails to process unprocessed downloads

Post by Sarcas »

Running version 2.3.9 on MacOS 10.15.3

Sometimes my old Mac gets confused and becomes unresponsive. SABnzbd keeps downloading and unpacking until the bitter end though. But when it comes to postprocessing (with the use of nzbtomedia scripts) it ends because for example Medusa died. I end up with a fully downloaded and unpacked mediafile, or multiple files if there were many things to download.
After rebooting, and Medusa etc is running again, I click 'retry' or 'retry all' to eh retry... But this fails. SABnzbd creates an empty copy of the folder of the file with .1 appended, and passes this to the nzbtomedia script. Nzbtomedia of course detects an empty folder and marks the download as failed, with initiates a search for another version et cetera. A mess.

The bug (as I see it) is that SABnzbd creates the .1 folder when it just should pass the original folder name to the post-processing script.

original:

Code: Select all

[11:33:39] [INFO]::ENVIRONMENT: SAB_COMPLETE_DIR: /Users/myname/Downloads/MediaDownloads/tv/Young.Sheldon.S03E12.1080p.HEVC.X265-MeGusta
when retried:

Code: Select all

[11:35:57] [INFO]::ENVIRONMENT: SAB_COMPLETE_DIR: /Users/myname/Downloads/MediaDownloads/tv/Young.Sheldon.S03E12.1080p.HEVC.X265-MeGusta.1

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 'Retry' fails to process unprocessed downloads

Post by safihre »

Yeah, the Retry process is a bit "stupid". It doesn't know much about the previous state, so it will try to unpack everything again. When it gets to the Unpack stage it detects that the original folder is already present but it doesn't know it "belongs" to this job (could be from another similarly named job!). So it proceeds to create a new one.
Not sure how to improve this, maybe if Unpack succeeded in the first run to skip that step.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Sarcas

Re: 'Retry' fails to process unprocessed downloads

Post by Sarcas »

safihre wrote: February 24th, 2020, 11:21 am Not sure how to improve this, maybe if Unpack succeeded in the first run to skip that step.
Sounds like a plan :)