Testing Version 3.0.0RC1 :-- CouchPotato connection to SABNZBD fails to validate in version 3.0.0RC1

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ReddUsar

Testing Version 3.0.0RC1 :-- CouchPotato connection to SABNZBD fails to validate in version 3.0.0RC1

Post by ReddUsar »

Testing V.3.0.0RC1 - API connection to SABNZBD from CouchPotato fails. Tested on Windows 10

I am testing the new Beta (Version 3.0.0RC1) and found that after adding the SABNZBD API to CouchPotato it will not validate. Error is "Connection failed. Check logs for details" (Note: API is confirmed correct in each test).
CouchPotato log shows: "ERROR [.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Error getting data from SABNZBd: not implemented".

In one instance when CouchPotato tries to connect to SABNZBD, , SABNZBD suggests to provide the API to the 3rd-party app. (Which it already had)

Reinstalled version 2.3.9 which worked like a charm and gives "Connection successful" message with the same settings with the new API for this version instance.

I repeated these tests on a different computer with same results.

Also tested both versions/API on these 2 computers for SickBeard and there were no issues there.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Testing Version 3.0.0RC1 :-- CouchPotato connection to SABNZBD fails to validate in version 3.0.0RC1

Post by safihre »

Are you sure your Couchpotato setup is updated?
Indeed we made a breaking change by removing ancient code that older versions of CouchPotato used to use.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ReddUsar

Re: Testing Version 3.0.0RC1 :-- CouchPotato connection to SABNZBD fails to validate in version 3.0.0RC1

Post by ReddUsar »

Yes, I believe I did update CouchPotato with the correct API of the SABNZBD v3.0.0RC1 instance I was connecting to. Restarted CP and verified the API was still correct as entered, but no luck. CouchPotato version used is 3.0.1
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That version of CouchPotato is 5 years old..
https://github.com/CouchPotato/CouchPot ... uild/3.0.1

It seems they never released a new version, but the sources get updated. So you could run it from source.
It's mostly abanonded by it's developer..
I could suggest you try Sonarr and Radarr, they are so much more flexible and very actively developed.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate