Multicore Par2 no longer recognized as installed on QNAP on SABnzbd 3.0.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
storm

Multicore Par2 no longer recognized as installed on QNAP on SABnzbd 3.0.0

Post by storm »

I upgraded from V2.3.9 to V3.0 on my QNAP NAS and noticed that Multicore Par2 is no longer recognized as being installed when I check the config page of SABnzbd. This worked fine under 2.3.9 since Par2 has been installed on my QNAP NAS. Even tried reinstalling Par2 on my NAS after installation of SABnzbd 3.0.0

I checked the logs and SABnzb's normal par2 is showing up ahead of multithreaded par2 in V3.0.0 which was not the case under V2.9.3:

Log from V3.0.0:
[SABnzbd:417] par2 binary... found (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QSabNZBd3/bin/par2)

Log from V2.9.3:
[SABnzbd:431] par2 binary... found (/usr/bin/par2)

Checked config.ini but I see no way to point SABnzbd to the right path for par2 folder.

Any suggestions how to solve this so the behaviour is same as under V2.3.9? Delete the par2 folder under installation folder?

Thanks!

EDIT: I renamed par2 into par3 to see what happened and it now found the multithreaded par2 so problem is solved. Hopes this help others.
OneCD

Re: Multicore Par2 no longer recognized as installed on QNAP on SABnzbd 3.0.0

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

This is something Stephane will need to fix in his QSabNZBd3 QPKG. Please report it to him on the QNAP forum.

Note: he is on holidays until 24th August.

In the meantime, try the sherpa package installer. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE