Downloads Extracting Twice

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
PiERiT

Downloads Extracting Twice

Post by PiERiT »

I am running SAB 3.1.1 (this also happens in 3.2.0) on Win10 and have a category that sets the Folder/Path to a share on my QNAP NAS, with a * at the end of it to prevent creation of job folders. This works in a general sense but it causes some weirdness with direct unpack.

When I set that category for a download, when it finishes direct unpacking, 100% of the file exists on my NAS and is fully accessible, but the job is not finished in SAB -- it continues running in the History tab for a minute or two. First it says Completed, but with the 4 parallel lines icon implying it's still doing something, then it says Moving, then it says Completed again with a checkmark showing that it's fully finished. This wouldn't be a big deal except, if I am downloading multiple things, the subsequent downloads are massively slowed down during this 1-2 minutes, barely downloading at half my bandwidth limit, I think due to the job being extracted a second time and using up system resources. If I remove the *, this stops happening, but then I'm stuck with a job folder that I don't want.

The +Debug logs are too long to include in this post in their entirety, but after testing a download with and without the * and then just eyeballing them side by side, the download with the * runs post-processing and a verification/repair and an unrar AFTER direct unpack has already finished. The download without the * doesn't do any of that. I'd be happy to email the full logs.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Downloads Extracting Twice

Post by safihre »

You can email them to [email protected]!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
PiERiT

Re: Downloads Extracting Twice

Post by PiERiT »

Sent. Thanks.

Edit: Looks like my assumption was off base and this was due to me having Recursive Unpacking enabled. Safihre explained that that was scanning the root of the NAS share after every single download, looking for more archives to unpack, and that was causing the slowdowns. Thanks again.