Lost connection to SABnzbd when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Haste75

Lost connection to SABnzbd when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Post by Haste75 »

I am having trouble with a CPU bottle neck so doing some troubleshooting and experimenting with SSL connections.

When I run a 10gb test download and go into Connections, I get:

Lost connection to SABnzbd..

In case of SABnzbd restart this screen will disappear automatically!

I'm not sure if the logs can help in this case, but here is the debug logs from the last few minutes prior to the crash

pastebin com/u1JBnsdj
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sabnzbd soft crashes when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Post by sander »

Crash? I see no crash.
If you wait a second or 5 , and you do refresh of your SAB web page, do you see SAB's interface again?

And: what kind of hardware (CPU, memory) is SAB running on?
Haste75

Re: Sabnzbd soft crashes when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Post by Haste75 »

It might not be a crash, but that error pops up and I have to refresh. Meaning I can't check what connections are being used.

Sometimes it loads right back up, other times it hangs for a few minutes until it refreshes or I kill it via taskmanager.

It's running on Windows on a very old 1.5 cpu. But this bug has only just started to happen.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Lost connection to SABnzbd when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Post by sander »

OK, I have changed the title to "Lost connection to SABnzbd ... ".

You get "Lost connection to SABnzbd.." when SAB itself is too busy doing other things. Downloading a big file, with a lot of newsservers with a lot of connections, on low-spec hardware (like yours) can cause that.

To see if it's a bug, or just the above, can you do a few tests?

With SAB doing nothing, what happens if you view connections under the Config/Status window?
With only one newsserver Enabled, and that server with only 5 connections, and you download the 10GB test file, what happens if you view connections under the Config/Status window?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lost connection to SABnzbd when I view connections under the Config/Status window.

Post by safihre »

I see that you have quite a lot of servers.
When you have "Show active connections" checked in the Status window, it has to fetch all the information for all the connections while downloading.
I would suggest you update to SABnzbd 3.2.0.
Then you don't need to to enable "Show active connections" and it will still update the number of active connections and also show you the speed per server.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate