Failed Traceback?

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
daddy_fizz

Failed Traceback?

Post by daddy_fizz »

Just switched to a new news server, so I'm not sure if this wold be related to that or a bug in sazbnzbd 0.3.1

"2008-02-28 11:03:46,687 ERROR [downloader] Connecting [email protected]:443 failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "sabnzbd\downloader.pyo", line 322, in run File "sabnzbd\newswrapper.pyo", line 135, in finish_connect NNTPPermanentError: 502 Please send Error MX1 to support."

Thanks for any help!

~Fizz
Last edited by daddy_fizz on February 28th, 2008, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switch

Re: Failed Traceback?

Post by switch »

What is the hostname of your new server?
As far as I know 502 response is a permissions error.

I don't think it is a user/password issue, but double check that first. I am betting that your host hasn't set you up properly yet. Check with another program to see if you can connect with that.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

I found this on an dutch forum (I translated it to English):
quotation:
Original posted by bobo1on1
I'm having with 100proofnews twice the same error "21-11-2005 22:44:38 Unable to authenticate at server: europe.100proofnews.com (502 Please send Error MX1 to support.)." after a while and then stops working, do more people have problems with that?

reply:
I don't know what that error is, but it happens allot  that 100proof doesn't function anymore. Often it helps to switch to another (europe, west or east).
So it looks like your new news server account doesn't function yet or is wrong typed or wrong username/password or wrong port...

Try using different news server like a free trial or free newsserver (even a free text newsserver is ok to try)
daddy_fizz

Post by daddy_fizz »

I e-mailed the server hosting company as well, I googled 502 error and saw that it was usually something wrong with the server.  I'll see what they say...

~Fizz
daddy_fizz

Post by daddy_fizz »

Not sure if anyone else here uses iUsenet.com  (formerly 100proofnews.com).  I thought I would try them out... 

I can now connect to the SSL server (still get the same error but it connects after a while.  Only problem it it will only make 1 connection to the server in Sab even if I have it set to 5...

~Fizz
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

strange that it can only connect once  :-\ probably to many users allowed on one server...
I would mail them again and if they don't fix it, leave.
but first check if the same thing happens in another download program to make sure it's not just your network/computer. Try newsleecher http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/N ... cher.shtml or some other programm to check it.
daddy_fizz

Post by daddy_fizz »

Yeah they said it is a bug on the server with multiple connections, and that they are looking at fixing it...