Unable to remove a catagory

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Gar

Unable to remove a catagory

Post by Gar »

Hi there!

When you create a category with a slash in it's name, like: "misc\1" then you won't be able to remove it or change it.

Of course it would be nice if this bug were fixed.

And can anybody hint me how to remove this categories with a workaround? I tried uninstalling SABnzbd+ and reinstalling it. But the somehow the database was not deleted by the uninstall. My 'faulty' category names keep comming back. Is there a file I can delete to get rid of it?

Version: 0.5.4 | smpl Version: 1.3
Install-type: Windows Installer
Skin Default
Firewall Software: F-secure 9.01 + firewall in Linksys router
IPV6: no
Is the issue reproducible? Yes

Grtz,
Gar
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Unable to remove a catagory

Post by ErikBrown »

Hello Gar,

You can edit (with for instance Notepad) the config file where all the configuration info of SABnzbd is stored. This is the file C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\sabnzbd\SABnzbd.ini. Instead of USERNAME you should use the name used for the Windows XP account on your PC.

Before you start editing the file you should first shut down SABnzbd. I suggest to remove only the slash in the ini file (to avoid possibly messing up the file). You can then after that make any changes within SABnzbd.
Gar

Post by Gar »

Thanks Erik! Your advice worked. After removing the slashes in the ini I could remove the categories in sabnzb.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Gar wrote: When you create a category with a slash in its name, like: "misc\1" then you won't be able to remove it or change it.
Of course it would be nice if this bug were fixed.
Sorry, this is not a bug. Categories with a  backslash can be removed just like any other.
There may be another bug preventing you from removing a category, but it's not what you describe.