Problems with watch folder stop responding after some time or after some nzb's

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
loopdemack

Problems with watch folder stop responding after some time or after some nzb's

Post by loopdemack »

I have problems with watch folder stop responding after some time or after some big size nzb's placed in watch folder.

Primarily I'm using watch folder trough ftp server, and in the  most cases the injected files were zipped nzb's, some times its one nzb in zipped file,  some times its a few nzb's in one zip file.
And I'm injecting only the big nzb's, from 2mb~25mb, and its seems that some big nzb were causing the sabnzbd to stop injecting nzbs anymore till the restart.

Like when it blocks and when files are just sitting in the watch folder, I see msg's  in the debug log that he is trying to import but nothing more, what could be the cause:
19:38:46,150::INFO::[sabnzbd.misc] Trying to import /home/balk/watch/1.nzb.zip

But nothing after that.

The moment I restart sabnzbd it start to work. But after some times. like 8h some times its 24h it stop again, some times its faster.
It seems some bug.
I need some ideas how could I trace what's the problem?
And how could I fix it, thank you, I really like sabnzbd.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problems with watch folder stop responding after some time or after some nzb

Post by shypike »

Most likely cause is an incorrect NZB that may crash the folder scanner task.
Have you looked at the logging?
Do you have logging set to "Debug" level (Connections page).

With the little information you provide, there's not much I can do.
loopdemack

Re: Problems with watch folder stop responding after some time or after some nzb

Post by loopdemack »

Yes I set the debug logging log_level = 2 , if you mean about this, its in the debug mode, and I tail in the real time, but I cant see when it stop I only saw the last phase when it tries to import a , I saw it when I saw that zip, or nzb's were staying(not deleted) in the watch folder.
I could give you the log files on PM.
I think its not about broken nzbs, because when you restart sabnzbd it just inject all of them and every one is processed and downloaded normally.
FlyveHest

Post by FlyveHest »

loopdemack wrote: Yes I set the debug logging log_level = 2 , if you mean about this, its in the debug mode, and I tail in the real time, but I cant see when it stop I only saw the last phase when it tries to import a , I saw it when I saw that zip, or nzb's were staying(not deleted) in the watch folder.
I could give you the log files on PM.
I think its not about broken nzbs, because when you restart sabnzbd it just inject all of them and every one is processed and downloaded normally.
This sounds a lot like a problem I had, I think that SABnzbd tries to do something with the files, before they are written complete (if, for instance, you upload over a slow link, or the watch process tries to work on the file, while you are uploading)

I made a small script that renamed the files prior to moving them to the watch folder, and then renaming them back when they were moved over, and haven't had the problem since.
FlyveHest,
SABnzbd Monitor Developer

Download SABnzbd Monitor from http://www.reinhold.dk/sabnzbdmonitor/