Detect Duplicate Downloads

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
coclk

Detect Duplicate Downloads

Post by coclk »

MiniMac running OS X (10.6.8)
Processor 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
SABnzbd 0.6.5
Skin: smpl Version 1.3

I have the Detect Duplicate Downloads switch set to Discard and I'm not sure if it is having any effect.

My RSS feed has items like *warehouse*13*s02* and it keeps getting any nzb file containing the same episode (i.e. e01 as a 720p, 1080p, web dl, or even multiple e01 720p if posted by different uploaders).

Perhaps I don't understand the targeted behavior, but I'm pretty sure previous versions of SABnzbd would not get these duplicates.

Is the feature broke in the current build?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Detect Duplicate Downloads

Post by shypike »

Currently duplicate detection only works for 100% identical titles.
So alternatives will still slip through.
In a later release we will use the decoded season/episode info.
coclk

Re: Detect Duplicate Downloads - Used to work...

Post by coclk »

This used to work, right? Before I upgraded to the most recent release I never had difficulty with duplicates. Now, since the upgrade I'm getting everything.

Plus I have items like *FRENCH* and *GERMAN* in my RSS feed and it's still getting items with those terms in the title. Again, it didn't used to do that.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

No it didn't use to work differently.
Plus I have items like *FRENCH* and *GERMAN* in my RSS feed and it's still getting items with those terms in the title.
When you have a filter like *FRENCH*, of course titles with "french" in it will be selected.
Or do you want a Reject filter?
In that case, make sure it is a reject filter and that it precedes any Accept filter.
miles267

Post by miles267 »

I was hoping you might be able to assist me. I have an RSS feed setup with REJECT filters preceding any ACCEPT filters. Am REJECTING criteria such as *french*, *german*, *1080*, *web*, etc. And my ACCEPT filters include show titles such as SHOW A, SHOW B, etc. However my issue is that I specifically want SHOW A season 4 episodes only or SHOW B season 2 episodes. Even though my search provider lists them online like this:

Show A - 4x01
but the filename convention associated with this show is actually: Show.A.s04e01.720p

Do I refine the RSS filter to ACCEPT: "Show A - 4x" (without quotes) to receive only season 4 episodes? Or do I have to set the ACCEPT filter as: "Show.A.s04e" without quotes?
and are the search filters case-sensitive

Sorry for so many questions, but I appreciate your guidance.
coclk

Post by coclk »

In cases like you outline I have mine set to accept a pattern like *show*a*s04*720p*