Crashes at high speeds

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Crashes at high speeds

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello,

I seem to be having issues downloading stuff at high speeds.  Today I was downloading something and everytime I hit about 3300k/s my SAB seems to take a dive south. 

I am unable to see any logs, so it is tough to troubleshoot.  Any thoughts?

b1scu1t.

ps : I am on a Mac, I don't seem to have any issues in a windows PC.
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Crashes at high speeds

Post by b1scu1t »

Another update to this issue.  I am using the WIP firefox plugin.  My SAB+ crashes when the config file has the host set to blank or 127.0.0.1.  When I hard code the ip address of my Mac and restart I have no issues and the download seems to complete without any issues. 

Unfortunately with the hard coded ip address the firefox plugin does not work any more and I have to cut and paste the newzbin nzb id in.  But it does work.  Not sure what the issue is. 
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

What is the "WIP Firefox plugin" and what does it have to do with SABnzbd?

Do you use br41n's app version of SABnzbd? If so, please report this problem also on the br41n.com website.

The odd thing is that localhost has nothing to do with the download channel. Localhost is only used for browser access to the user interface.
Are you using the Plush user interface with a high refresh setting?
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

Shypike,

I have a few updates.  I am using the OSX version found in br41n.com and I have been posting my responses in the comment(s) there.  I am running the plush interface with a 1 second refresh rate.

I have found a resolution to my problem.  If I hard code the ip address of the host where I am running SAB+, I have had no crashes.  Further, I realised there is a config setting in the WIP firefox plugin, I modified that to reflect the local address and everything seems to work fine.

In my old SAB, I did not have to modify the host address at all, it would start up in localhost and run just fine.

b1scu1t.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Glad that it works now.

Some code was added in 0.3.0 to check if localhost is ambiguous.
On systems like Vista, localhost refers to the IPv6 address ::1, which is not the same as 127.0.0.1.
Also on some systems the hostname may not resolve properly, it looks like the Python library is
not very strong on this issue.

When you say "hard code the ip address", what is then? Localhost of the hostname.
These two are also distinct.
Quickly the rules again:

Specifying no host (empty string) equals to "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 (on IPV6) systems.
Specifying "localhost", like above.
Specifying hostname: the browser needs to use the hostname (or ip address) too. "localhost" is not active.
0.0.0.0 : both "localhost" and the hostname (or ip) are active.