Par2 fails, please add retry with sfv only, then unpack

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tripkip

Par2 fails, please add retry with sfv only, then unpack

Post by tripkip »

Hi,

Last couple of weeks I get this very often.
Par2 fails, "main packet not found" (I understand this is probably not a SabNZBd issue, rather generating a bad par2 issue), but I really get this too often lately...
If I check the files with ckfsv, all files are good, unrar too no problem.

Sabnzbd could solve this by doing an optional sfv check if par2 fails or just let the user select this on retry.

For an example of this nzb that fails: http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=1085884, also check the comments, you can see that I'm not the only one.

Thank you.
Mav

Re: Par2 fails, please add retry with sfv only, then unpack

Post by Mav »

I suspect we're having the same problems. You need a login for that url though so I can't be sure. But there are releases out there that use a semicolon in the filenames which causes the par2 stuff to fail on windows. If I use quickpar, it doesn't see any data at all. I've had it mostly happen with 1080p movie releases from CHD among others, like Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows.Part.2.2011.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.

But this also causes problems in sabnzbd. In this case, not only the par2 check fails, the history log entry keeps showing it as 'repairing' indefinitely until you restart, then it says failed and I can delete it. If you do try to delete it I've had sabnzbd become unresponsive, as in it does not serve the webpage interface anymore. But now I also have the problem that it's impossible to delete the entry from the download list. Changed settings revert back if go a page forward and back, so I can't pause it or set priority to low. When I click on the download name, I get this error:

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 618, in respond
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 488, in default
  File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 512, in nzo_details
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'final_name_pw_clean'