Simultaneous Downloads

Want something added? Ask for it here.
JAP42

Simultaneous Downloads

Post by JAP42 » March 22nd, 2017, 7:02 am

So, before anyone jumps on me about why SAB does not simultaneously download queue items, I know. My thought here is not torrent style bandwidth saturation. Rather a small issue that sometimes bottlenecks my downloads.

This is the situation, I have Download 1, and I have servers A and B. A is my primary while B is my backup. A allows me to fully saturate my connection at any time. B is quite slow. In most cases 1 or 2 articles that have to be downloaded from B and that takes about the same time as the rest download from A. So no noticeable slow down. However, if more than about 25% of a download is not available on A then All of A articles are done before B. So the download gets slowed down for that last portion by a huge margin. 1200 down to 69.

My request would be, when server A is done with download 1 have it continue on to download 2 while Server B finishes Download 1. Server B would need bandwidth priority. This would keep my overall download speed at the max. My case is extreme but I could see this affecting others to varying degrees.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Simultaneous Downloads

Post by safihre » March 22nd, 2017, 9:08 am

It should already do that actually. Unless you have "Top only" switched on in Config Switches.
As soon as ServerA has tried all articles, ServerB takes over and ServerA goes on to the next one. At least that is what I see in the tests.

JAP42

Post by JAP42 » March 22nd, 2017, 9:48 am

Should this happen going down the list? I updated to 2.0.0RC1. I was at 2.0.0BETA1. I do see it happening for the second download but no further. I have 5, #1 is downloading. #2 has downloaded to 17%. The rest are 0. There are no connections to server 1. All same priority.

I am running on ubuntu 16.04.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre » March 22nd, 2017, 10:56 am

Normally it should. I might have to test it again.

JAP42

Post by JAP42 » March 22nd, 2017, 2:25 pm

This is my log: **paste.ee** **/p/G1GWw** I cant post links.

It seems to do it as some points and not at others through these 5 downloads.