RSS feature request: duplicate check

Want something added? Ask for it here.
AtariBaby

RSS feature request: duplicate check

Post by AtariBaby »

I love love love this program. There is one thing nzbget has that sab doesn’t, unless I’m mistaken.

nzbget’ s rss has a feature to eliminate duplicates. https://nzbget.net/rss#duplicates

It would be great if this could be implemented in sab. As it is currently, I have to go through and delete duplicates of the same events. I may well start using it just to get this, although sab will always be my main usenet handling app. So it would be ideal to have this feature in sabnzbd!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RSS feature request: duplicate check

Post by safihre »

If you enable Duplicate Checking in Config > Switches, set it to Discard.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

!!! I had no idea! I’ll try it!
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

It doesn’t work great for my purposes. It’s allowing duplicates and blocking things that are similar but desired and not duplicate.
airguy

Post by airguy »

This feature seems to work based on the nzb backup folder, but not with the history file. The Wiki says it should use either one. So, I decided to "prune" my nzb backup folder as it had over 25000 files in it. So I deleted many older tv show nzb's. I now notice that these "old" episodes are being downloaded now from my rss feed, even though they are still present in the history file. This started after I deleted the old nzb's for those episodes from the nzb backup folder. Now I'm sorry I did that.

Using version 3.1.1. x64.