PAR2 download

Want something added? Ask for it here.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

PAR2 download

Post by MageMinds »

This one is a little bit weird ...

Since my backup server is a paid service per-download paid in fact, so I have to limit the amount of data I need from it, when a post isn't on my primary free server (ISP) it automatically pumps it from the backup, but I would like instead to grab a par2 from the free server and at the end if there is still parts missing get them from the backup server, just enough to repair the file(s). So my 110 GB that I paid 25$ could last very long, longer than the way it's working right now. I know it's only downloading about a post here and there on the backup server from a multi post file that would probably represent less than 500kb each posts.

That could be presented in the server config, you select backup and an other setting that say last resort. That way we could have backup server used normally and ones that is used only as last resort when even par2 can't repair the files.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PAR2 download

Post by shypike »

This is way too complicated.
If you want to do this kind of fine-tuning, I suggest you use an interactive program like Grabit.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

This is what I though also that this was a complicated request...

Could you at least add a priority in the backup servers? I could have some IPv6 free Usenet server in backup, before the final fallback to my paid service...
vlad59

Post by vlad59 »

You can also modify your IPV6 usenet provider to not be a backup server.
Pinky and the Brain forever. Howtos about Lenny, XFCE, ...