Disable ".nomedia File" Creation

Want something added? Ask for it here.
dreamscene

Disable ".nomedia File" Creation

Post by dreamscene »

Hi,

Would it be possible to make the new (introduced with 0.7 beta 5) ".nomedia File"-feature optional?
Or maybe there is a way to make sure that the file is always deleted before running user-defined post-processing scripts (although that might defeat the purpose of the feature for those that might be using it)?

Reasoning: I am running a post-processing shell script for certain categories that renames and organizes files to my liking. When it is done moving and renaming files, it stats the directory to check if it is empty. If it is, the directory gets deleted. If it is not, it is moved to another directory for further inspection.

As the .nomedia file is sometimes already deleted while the script is still running, automated or conditional deletion is not the cleanest solution. Would also have to check the chmods.

Thank you for your consideration,
dreamscene
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Disable ".nomedia File" Creation

Post by shypike »

It is optional, see Config->Special.
BTW: the .nomedia file is deleted at the very end of post-processing, so after your script runs.
dreamscene

Re: Disable ".nomedia File" Creation

Post by dreamscene »

Damn.. now I feel a bit stupid... I must have overlooked it when I scanned the Special Options page earlier :/
Thanks for pointing it out to me :)

And sorry for wasting your time,
dreamscene