Easynews Global Search and AutoUnRar

Want something added? Ask for it here.
willgonz

Easynews Global Search and AutoUnRar

Post by willgonz »

I have been using Easynews for a really long time 12 Years +. With their Global Search function they have an AutoUnRAR feature. I wonder if there is anyway to add this to SABnzb? With this method there is no UnRARing after you download. It is already UnRAR'ed. I think this would save time and processing power.

Thanks.
WillGonz
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Easynews Global Search and AutoUnRar

Post by shypike »

We have no intention of supporting proprietary features of providers (assuming it's even possible).
Especially not given that they have a web-based version of what you ask.
Given their outrageous pricing level, we feel even less inclined to support them.
Rectofier

Post by Rectofier »

I find it rather odd that you would bash other Usenet providers pricing levels given the fact that you guys openly promote and support the most expensive Usenet provider on the planet, Giganews. ::)
willgonz

Post by willgonz »

I have been using Easynews for 15+ years and I have enough GIGs that pricing isn't an option. I do still enjoy SABnzb still even though it doesn't use this feature. I do think Easynews has the best features out of all of the other Usenet providers.
But really I might be barking up the wrong tree and it might be Sick-Beard I need to tap into to use this. I am a developer so I might just tap into the API.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Rectofier wrote:...that you guys openly promote and support the most expensive Usenet provider on the planet, Giganews. ::)
Promote: yes, support: no.
We don't do anything special for GigaNews.
Besides, their Supernews is a very good deal.
willgonz wrote:...With their Global Search function they have an AutoUnRAR feature. I wonder if there is anyway to add this to SABnzb? With this method there is no UnRARing after you download
I don't think this is possible, because the "no unrar required" method is no longer Usenet.
They do all post-processing themselves and offer you the files for direct download.
I don't really see how SABnzbd can support this without adding a lot of non-Usenet related functionality.
I hope you understand that we have no inclination to spend a lot of effort to support unique features of just one Usenet provider.
Yes, we promote GigaNews, but there isn't a single feature in SABnzbd meant exclusively for them.
(Except recognizing some custom error messages, but we do that for a few more providers).
So you are free to choose.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

willgonz wrote:I have been using Easynews for a really long time 12 Years +. With their Global Search function they have an AutoUnRAR feature. I wonder if there is anyway to add this to SABnzb? With this method there is no UnRARing after you download. It is already UnRAR'ed. I think this would save time and processing power.
As Shypike has stated, all of Easynews' web-based things (search, web download, auto unrar, etc) effectively make Easynews' website the client. This is not functionality they expose. This is not a case of favoritism, this is a case of the thing you want being impossible to implement.