Re-Download Failed RSS

Want something added? Ask for it here.
videojaq

Re-Download Failed RSS

Post by videojaq »

Hello, (search didn't reveal any features/requests similar to this, but if there is one, my apologies!)

Background:
I have, what I'll call an elaborate, RSS downloading setup, which I use to grab most of the items I'm looking for.

Positive Re-Enforcement:
I'd like to say it works beautifully. Thank you, developers, for creating such a system that works just as it should.

The Problem:
On occasion, 1 or 2 matched items a week, the RSS feed is checked before the post is actually complete. This leads to a failed download.

Solution:
New SABnzbd Feature - Automatically Re-Download Failed RSS Matched Items.
- Feature could be enabled as a check-box on the RSS page.
- Feature would have a user-definable re-check time delay, so SABnzbd would re-check the feed at a specified delay, and re-grab any failed RSS matched items. (If this is not possible, I'd suggest a hard-coded time of 30minutes)

Pre-Rebuttal To A "Just increase your RSS checking interval" Response:
I've tried it, and it still doesn't solve the problem, as the RSS feed could still be checked before the post is actually complete, things are not always posted on the same schedule.

Pre-Rebuttal To A "Change your RSS feed to only include completed posts" Response:
Problem with this, is that not all posts are always completed, perhaps a handful of articles didn't post properly, which leads to it not being included in the RSS feed.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Re-Download Failed RSS

Post by shypike »

Does it mean that the NZB files are incomplete or that posts aren't complete yet on your Usenet provider?
videojaq

Post by videojaq »

shypike wrote:Does it mean that the NZB files are incomplete or that posts aren't complete yet on your Usenet provider?
It means that when the RSS Feed is checked, it hasn't indexer hasn't updated with the completed post yet (in other words, all the parts haven't been indexed yet).
- so I guess that would mean the NZB file is incomplete.

For example
- The poster begins posting @ 12.15pm
- The RSS Feed is checked @ 12.20pm (files 1-10 may already be indexed, but there are 25 files in the release)
- The poster finishes posting @ 12.25pm (files 1-25 have been completely posted)
- The indexer updates with the completed post @ 12.30pm (indexer RSS Feed allows for grabbing an NZB with all the files)
- The RSS Feed is checked @ 12.35pm (all files have been posted, but RSS feed has already matched the release, so even though it is now completely posted, SABnzbd ignores the fact that the post is only completed now)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The complete NZB should be a different one than the NZB, so a new one.
It would be very odd for an indexer to have different content over time for the same NZB reference.
I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I have no intention of compensating for such behaviour.
SABnzbd doesn't have any knowledge about the material it downloads.
In this case you would be better of with a front-end like SickBeard.