Better handling of TV Series

Want something added? Ask for it here.
RageX

Better handling of TV Series

Post by RageX »

Hi,

First off, congratulations on the best damn binary downloader in existence!

I primarily download TV series from Usenet using RSS feeds from tvnzb.com and Newzbin.  The problem I am commonly coming across is that Sabnzbd+ will download the same episode two or three times.  I have been manually checking and deleting duplicates before they are downloaded, but often it happens when I am asleep.

Back when I used to use torrents with Ktorrent and uTorrent they both had "Series" handling built into the RSS readers, so in the filter you ticked "Series" then entered the series number, and what episode to start downloading from.  They would then watch RSS feeds for the pattern match with the series number and episode number and only download each episode one time.

It would be great to see similar functionality in sabnzbd+ and would save me a couple of GB a month!
RXP

Re: Better handling of TV Series

Post by RXP »

There's already a program out there that does what you want, and alot more. NZBTV

http://www.two-sided.com/
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

RageX

Post by RageX »

The problem is that neither are written in Python and NZB-TV is for Windows.

On the upside the developer of FloamTV emailed me to let me know that he will be adding support to output to a queue directory in the next version!
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

Not quite to the reason of the first post, but to the subject of this thread. I am using EpisodeButtler (http://www.deadite.net/forum/newsgroup- ... de-butler/ http://episodebutler.janoz.com/), however it mangles the names (changes the spaces into underscores) and sab has problems recognizing the proper show to which it belongs. Any chance that sab could change the underscores to spaces when trying to match a show to the post?
Camelot

Post by Camelot »

I use episodebutler and the function to send them directly to sabnzbd, and I have not been running into the problem with the underscores...
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

On the mac version, there seems to be a problem. Had to use 0.0.0.0 as the host in the sab config for EB to talk correctly with sab. Before that I was saving the nzb files, and the moving them to my queue folder. When EB saves the nzbs, sab had trouble retrieving the proper episode name. However, since the latest update, sab process the nzb better. It stores the dl in the correct tv show folder, however it still doesn't get to retrieve the episode's name.
switch

Post by switch »

See: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/folder-sorting

Nzb's need to named in a certain way for episode names to be found, basically the last part of the nzb name needs to be like " - Episode Name.nzb"
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

The trouble is that the file name is "_-_Episode_Name.nzb"
switch

Post by switch »

Hmm, that should be supported in 0.4.4 and 0.4.5, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.