Per Server Note/Description box

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Jesster

Per Server Note/Description box

Post by Jesster »

Hello,

As a feature request, I'd like to have a small text box to add a short description of the NNTP Server.

This is helpful when the USP hostname doesn't match the company name / website. I could then quickly make a note about that in such a box. Yes, there are other ways to handle this outside of SAB..
JStar73

Re: Per Server Note/Description box

Post by JStar73 »

Agreed.
I would like to have a Description (or TextNote) field for each server, especially when you have a large amount of servers listed.
This would allow to input information such as Cost, Expiry, Block Size which would remind and allow a better idea of what server does what and when you should start looking for another server.
Bump this simple request up the list, as it is a must have for the Servers view.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Does this work for you:

With the server already configured in SAB, stop SAB.
Open sabnzbd.ini for editing, and in the server section [servers], find the line [[serverX.domainY.com]] with your server and change the part between the double squares to the description you like (for example [[Cheap DomainY provider]]
Save and exit sabnzbd.ini, and start sabnzbd. SAB will now show the description in Config -> Servers

HTH
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

When you follow Sander's advice, the byte counts for the servers will be incorrect.
'There's now no rename function because of these side effects.
For now: just use the right name when defining a server.
nacholibre

Post by nacholibre »

I'd like to add another vote for this feature. I also think it's worth clarifying what the request is as the advice given so far doesn't seem to match up with what was requested.

It would be great to have a free-field text box on each server where we could jot down some random notes about our account. It would be very convenient to keep server-specific notes on each one, for instance:

Annual account created on 2/5/2013
Block account size 500GB
Standard ports 22, 80
SSL ports - 563, 8080
US servers - blah.news.net
UK servers - blah2.news.net

Cheers and many, many thanks for the awesomeness that is SABnzbd O0
capnmerica

Post by capnmerica »

I'd really love this feature to help keep track of renewal dates, block amounts, expected speeds, etc.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

I agree, it would be very useful to keep track of expiration dates, etc, like mentioned above.