[RSS] Repack / ReRip / Dirfixes should override old ones

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Sypher
Release Testers
Release Testers

[RSS] Repack / ReRip / Dirfixes should override old ones

Post by Sypher »

Hmm the topic isn't that clear. Either way.
Sometimes you have repacks, dirfixes or rerips. These are "deployed" when the release groups make a mistake, like missing seconds or artifacts/bad quality.

It would be nice that if are using RSS, that it will pick only the repack/dirfix/rerips instead of both the repack/dirfix/rerip as the original ("messed up" one).

What do you guys think?
JayBird

Re: [RSS] Repack / ReRip / Dirfixes should override old ones

Post by JayBird »

Would be very useful
lazyman

Post by lazyman »

I suggest a proper engine. So if a proper comes out, of a TV show for instance (happen more than it should), instead of added .x to the filename, why not just replace it? The process would repeat if a real, extra super real, final im gonna kill you next time you suck at cappin a show proper, etc. This would all be an optional feature of course.

Although, this wont help when douches on tvnzb dont name their uploaded nzbs correctly.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

Generally the proper comes a few hours AFTER the original release, the RSS would have downloaded the first release already, and use tvbinz.net instead of tvnzb and you'll no more have misnamed release, the releases are added faster on tvbinz since it's a fully automatic NZB grabber/indexer.

MageMinds
lazyman

Post by lazyman »

But why not automatically delete the propered release?

If I switch to tvbinz.net I'd had to set up filtering again. I have become reliant on http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be. It's so much easier to click check boxes than to type in filter patterns. Maybe I could interest him in putting up a tvbinz.net one. That is unless you know of a solution. Thanks.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

Because the automatic procedure WILL eventually get an exception and delete that it shouldn't.

I don't like using http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be because you have to rely on one guy that gets it's data from an other guy that gets it's data from it's users.

The other site might be a little bit more complex to setup the filters, but it's an automated process and as long as the server is working that should also work and since it's automated, then you receive new release way faster than the other site, that could take even a day to get the new posts on some less popular shows.

I actually have 36 filters and they all work really great in downloading only what I want and in the format I want (720p).

MageMinds
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be/ works great for me - not once have I gotten home and the shows are not there, not once did it download twice
HOORAH
hirs

Post by hirs »

Hi!

I was wondering the same thing right now, too much often I end up with the same episode twice, and from xbmc I have no way to tell which is the good one, it's just named the same (on xbmc). Is there a way to delete the older one and only keep the REPAIR one?

By the way, http://mytvnzb.foechoer.be/ is easy, fast and reliable, i have been with it for like a month and had 0 problems!

Thank you!!