mediainfo test

Want something added? Ask for it here.
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

mediainfo test

Post by ugokanain »

I been getting a lot of trojans(?) disguised as post with an "avi" file. Most want you to click on an exe file so that it can load. Could sab use mediainfo to test the file to see whether it is valid. In case it can't read it, flag the file as failed so that CP can search for another.

I tried a postproc script, but seems it doesn't do anything beyond running :(

I realize this might be a short live solution, but should help in general, and believe it should be easy to implement
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: mediainfo test

Post by sander »

mediainfo & #postprocscript: As far as I understand, that would yield the same answer as in your thread here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 485#p93485

So isn't this thread just another way of asking "can the result of post-processing be fed back to SAB / CP" If so, probably easier to ask in http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 485#p93484 when that will happen: 0.7.x or 0.8.x or ...
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

Here I'm asking for a feature request in a future release. The other was trying to get my script to do something useful, thought I could lick the problem without doing a request.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I understand. I think "post-processing script's exit code should determine SABnzbd status so that CP knows the download failed" as feature request is more general and thus more feasible than incorporating other software for a more specific goal.

But let Shypike decide
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

Shypike mentioned that in a future release sab will use the exit code. It's been a bit frustrating since I had to delete several days of dls since all these were spam.

Guess I will have to wait till then ;)
jkoopmann

Post by jkoopmann »

Hi ugukanain,

having the same problem and had a similar thought. At least I would like to immediately kill the video file (if it is not a video file) so that CP would not be able to handle it.

Have you made any progress at all? Trying not to reinvent the wheel here.

Regards,
JP
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Since the "unwanted extensions" feature was implemented,
you can choose to "fail" jobs with .exe and .com extensions in RAR files.
See Config->Switches->Queue
ugokanain
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ugokanain »

Some trojans are disguised as video files, so the new feature (nice) won't work. I have been using Clinton's nzbToMedia scripts, since sab didn't handle abnormal exits.