Rar peek for unwanted extensions

Want something added? Ask for it here.
blindpet

Rar peek for unwanted extensions

Post by blindpet »

So dealing with fake posts is something we all want. The unwanted extensions feature is awesome but requires that the whole release be downloaded before checking (I believe it checks during the unpacking stage). A feature where sabnzbd can peek into the first and last rar for unwanted extensions would be very welcome so it could discard the release earlier and save bandwidth both from our ISP and block accounts.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Rar peek for unwanted extensions

Post by sander »

Already planned, see https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 106#p95959

As a matter of fact: I have it already running here on my system. The code needs some cleanup, and it will then upload it to my github repository
blindpet

Post by blindpet »

This is damn exciting news! Will the put last archive after first be supported on other platforms as well eventually? Will sabnbzd be able to provide the info to indexers so indexers can remove these bad releases even faster?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

blindpet wrote:This is damn exciting news! Will the put last archive after first be supported on other platforms as well eventually?
If "on other platforms" means SAB on Linux, OSX, Windows, NAS, etc, then: Yes. There is only one SAB source code.
blindpet wrote: Will sabnbzd be able to provide the info to indexers so indexers can remove these bad releases even faster?
Theoretically that is possible, if there is a feedback / API system into the indexers.
I've experimented with posting the Unwanted Extensions results plainly in a newsgroup, so that gets found via a plain binsearch.info search.

FWIW: the debug logging of Unwanted Extensions:

Code: Select all

2014-09-20 11:46:29,482::DEBUG::[nzbstuff:851] Unwanted Extension: Last rar is <NzbFile: filename=The.Blabla.2014.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XviD-nDW.part60.rar, type=None>
2014-09-20 11:46:35,705::DEBUG::[assembler:357] Unwanted file The.Blabla.2014.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XviD-nDW/Codec/Setup.exe
2014-09-20 11:46:35,706::WARNING::[assembler:127] WARNING: In "The Blabla  2014" unwanted extension in RAR file. Unwanted file is The.Blabla.2014.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XviD-nDW/Codec/Setup.exe 
2014-09-20 11:46:35,707::DEBUG::[assembler:128] Unwanted extension is in rar file /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/The Blabla  2014.1/The.Blabla.2014.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XviD-nDW.part01.rar
blindpet

Post by blindpet »

The reason I ask about other platforms is that in the thread you linked me to it said it was only working on Linux. Glad to hear it will be everywhere :).

I can't wait for this to become more integrated with indexers. Where do I sign up to test this new version (when it's available)?

P.S. Sorry for the dupe thread, I will do a search next time.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

blindpet wrote:The reason I ask about other platforms is that in the thread you linked me to it said it was only working on Linux. Glad to hear it will be everywhere :).

I can't wait for this to become more integrated with indexers. Where do I sign up to test this new version (when it's available)?

P.S. Sorry for the dupe thread, I will do a search next time.
I wrote "I can make it avaialbe on github as source code ... which is only useful for you if you use Linux". The reason for this is that Linux users run SABnzbd from source code, but Windows and OSX users run a packaged/compiled version of SABnzbd, which thus have to wait for the official releases.

The last-rar-feature will appear in SAB 0.7.19. I don't know when 0.7.19 will be released.

And no, there is no unwanted-extensions-feature towards indexers as I do not know about any formal feedback-interface/API. That is caused by the fact that I don't use any modern indexer, other than old skool binsearch.info.
So if you know such a interface, let me know.

And please continue in the main thread I referred you to.