Auto pause large jobs

Want something added? Ask for it here.
leram84

Auto pause large jobs

Post by leram84 »

For those of us with fast download speeds (200mb+), downloading usually outpaces post processing. Whenever Sab gets too many jobs in the PP que, (especially when unpacking one massive file while a couple dozen small files all line up behind it) Sab crashes, leaving me to figure where things went pear and manually post processing anything that isn't corrupted in the "incomplete" folder and redowning the rest. I feel like this could easily be fixed by setting a (user configurable) limit to the amount of jobs allowed in the post process que. I know there is a setting to pause downloads on post process, but that just slows everything down. I would rather have file 2 ready to begin unpacking the second file 1 has completed. Since different file sizes make that unmanageable (Edit: although maybe not.... perhaps if there was a way to set the limit by combined file size as apposed to number of files, that might be a more elegant solution), I think setting something like 10-15 files (so that sab will just pause whenever that many jobs are in post) will both keep downloads running continuously while keeping the overhead low enough to prevent a crash.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Auto pause large jobs

Post by shypike »

The amount of waiting post-processing jobs doesn't matter.
It seems to me that your system is just low on resources.
The only thing I can advise for now is to use the option "pause downloading during unpacking".