RSS Email Notification

Want something added? Ask for it here.
feerlessleadr

RSS Email Notification

Post by feerlessleadr »

I searched and also looked at the requests in progress and didn't see this so here goes.

I was wondering if an RSS email notification could be implemented.

What I mean is that, whenever an nzb is matched in the RSS feed, an email is sent out saying that XXX RSS feed has matched and is downloading XXXXX articles.  Or another email output could be just the screen that you see when you hit "Preview" in the RSS feed section.

The reason I would find this very useful is that I am an avid user of XBMC and use a 3rd party scraper program called Media Companion instead of the built in scraper in XBMC since I can customize everything better.  I like to run Media Companion to add all of the applicable episode information and thumbnails and whatnot to the appropriate folder on my computer.  Sometimes I don't realize that a TV show has been downloaded and when I start XBMC it will automatically scrape any new episode information for me if there is no nfo and tbn file present, which is not what I want.

With an email notification for a matched item in my RSS feed, I can at least know when and what episode was downloaded.

I realize that there is an email option for when a job finishes, however I didn't want to be notified for every movie or app or book or whatever that I download

Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

Thanks for an awesome program
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RSS Email Notification

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd is already quite overloaded with rare features.
I'll think about an email listing the matches from a scheduled RSS read-out.
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

That is all can ask for. Thanks for the consideration.
reticent

Post by reticent »

I second this suggestion :) I dont want to be notified when manually downloaded NZB files are finished, but would like to be notified when RSS has downloaded something automagically :)
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

I dont want to be notified when manually downloaded NZB files are finished, but would like to be notified when RSS has downloaded something automagically Smiley
Thirded?
Camelot

Post by Camelot »

just throwing this into the mix, I would prefer the ability to execute a script when this situation occurs (I would use that to send a prowl notification to my iPhone  :) )
borre

Post by borre »

Also intrested in this.

When I manual place a nzb I know when it wil be ready, but when a  new serie season starts I am not aware of this.
so could sabnzbd mail we when I downloaded something for rss.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Filed as a ticket: https://trac2.assembla.com/SABnzbd/ticket/339
No promises about timing though.