Post-processing script folder not set globally

Want something added? Ask for it here.
IPhantom

Post-processing script folder not set globally

Post by IPhantom »

Hi,

i have an issue of which i believe i am not the only one.
The thing is my NAS does not allow root directory access, therefore i can't access any script files from different apps (sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard, etc.) and copy them into one single folder. As the script folder is set globally i can only run one script from one folder (or app) at a time.
Wouldn't it be easier to select the script folder under categories for each category right next to where you select the script from the drop down?

Or am i missing something and there is a work around?

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post-processing script folder not set globally

Post by safihre »

I don't understand: it's not possible to just place all scripts in the same folder? Just copy and paste?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

safihre wrote:I don't understand: it's not possible to just place all scripts in the same folder? Just copy and paste?
See:
The thing is my NAS does not allow root directory access, therefore i can't access any script files from different apps (sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard, etc.) and copy them into one single folder.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I understand, but just make a copy of the ones you need for sabnzbd to a folder that's accessible for sabnzbd?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
IPhantom

Post by IPhantom »

I also cannot access the apps source folder to copy it from, as they are installed on the root directory as well. Obviously the apps have permission to look into those directories, i am just not able to manually browse and modify them.
But you are right, i could find the script somehow on the internet and save them in one accessible folder.

However, i am wondering if all you guys copy all your scripts everytime into one folder to use in sabnzbd? I mean they are already present in the different apps directories where they belong and when you setup categories in sabnzbd, you most likely do that for the respective app. Also if you modify the settings in the app, you will have to copy the updated script file again into the one folder sabnzbd uses. Why not just add the folder option to categories instead of setting it globally?
It would save time, hassle and redundant files.

Catch my drift?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I see.
Well mostly we don't do this because users mostly have 1 or maybe 2 scripts that they setup once and then never have to change.
Also modifying the Categories page would make it too complicated (too many options) for regular users that don't need these advanced options.