RSS Feature Request re Schedules

Want something added? Ask for it here.
timoj

RSS Feature Request re Schedules

Post by timoj »

A while ago I saw a request on reddit for ideas to enhance the RSS portion of SAB. I meant to go back and post this suggestion when I had time, but it slipped my mind, so here I am.

The suggestion:

When setting up schedules for reading RSS feeds, it would be great if feeds could also be set up separately. This is useful for when indexer accounts have various API hit limits. For instance, DOG VIP account holders who declined to pay again for what they already bought, and saw their API hits stolen and reduced to only 50 hits per day. This way RSS schedules could be set up to accommodate various indexer's API limits.

As it is, you can only create one 24hr schedule which applies to all indexer's feeds.

So what I am suggesting is: (Example) Schedule1 gets a drop down window which shows the user all of the RSS Feeds, then the user could highlight those feeds which Schedule1 should impact. Then users also have a Schedule2, Schedule3, and maybe even a Schedule4... each with a drop down window showing all of the feeds. Note: To avoid accidental overlap, previously applied feeds should appear greyed out or not at all, in subsequent schedules.

If this layout sounds familiar, its because this is the way the Sorting page already works, just instead of Series Sorting, Movie Sorting and Date Sorting, it would be Schedule 1, Schedule 2 ...etc.

That's it. That's my pitch. I hope you will consider this suggestion, I really do believe it will come in handy, especially with those less than VIP accounts we all probably have.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RSS Feature Request re Schedules

Post by safihre »

How about a refresh interval per feed?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
timoj

Re: RSS Feature Request re Schedules

Post by timoj »

That could certainly work too, but an issue I see with this idea is... say I have a free indexer with only 10 api hits/day, I'd have to set the interval to 2.3 hrs to spread them out over a 24hr period. This type of search pattern isn't optimal in the face of DMCA take-downs for high profile shows.

The way I currently set up the scheduler is to maximize the hit frequency during peak release hours and minimize it during off hours... It's set up this way mostly to try to accommodate the indexers with fewer API hits available. Of course, the very limited indexers still can't be used even with this method, but it works for those offering say... only 50 API/day. ;)