Folder/Path field width too narrow

Want something added? Ask for it here.
OneCD

Folder/Path field width too narrow

Post by OneCD »

Hello,

I'm using SAB v2.2.1

In [SABnzbd Config] -> [Categories], would it be possible to allow a wider field width for the Folder/Path column? My paths can be quite long and many have to be entered as absolute paths. At present, these are left-justified and only the beginning of each path is visible. Which means it's difficult to inspect each path.

Maybe this column could stretch automatically when the browser width is increased?

Thank you. ;D
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Folder/Path field width too narrow

Post by safihre »

Will look into it!

Now that I see you anyway, this week we will release SABnzbd 2.3.0 which needs a new version of SABYenc, users of your script will need to reinstall SABnzbd?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Thanks for the heads-up. 8)

It's only installed via:

Code: Select all

pip install sabyenc
... so, I assume it will depend on the Entware Python package (also installed via Sherpa) so shouldn't need re-installing. But I'm sure I'll hear about it if it breaks. ;D
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Quick follow-up here.

I've just checked my current version:

# pip show sabyenc | grep -i version
Version: 3.0.2
So, time for an upgrade:

# pip install sabyenc --upgrade
Collecting sabyenc
  Downloading sabyenc-3.3.0.tar.gz
Installing collected packages: sabyenc
  Found existing installation: sabyenc 3.0.2
    Uninstalling sabyenc-3.0.2:
      Successfully uninstalled sabyenc-3.0.2
  Running setup.py install for sabyenc ... done
Successfully installed sabyenc-3.3.0
And we should be all good now. :D
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Successfully installed sabyenc-3.3.0
Are we already 3.3.0? So from 3.1.1 to 3.3.0? Seems so: https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabyenc/comm ... 29b356dcca
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Well, SAB 2.2.1 isn't so I had to revert my sabyenc back to 3.0.2. ::)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Hmm I can make it like 20px bigger, but more and it would fall outside even the widest bootstrap-width.
Guess we want you to use the browse button, isn't that helping?
Or there is also the typeahead to help you with your paths.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

safihre wrote: September 19th, 2017, 5:52 am Guess we want you to use the browse button, isn't that helping?
The browse button is useful when populating this field - not so much when checking the field contents afterward. I'll try a better explanation.

Half of my categories save to paths that are not under the default path so I need to specify the absolute target path.

example:

/share/videos/category1/(dump)
/share/videos/category2/(dump)
/share/videos/category3/sub-category1/(dump)
/share/videos/category3/sub-category2/(dump)
/share/videos/category3/sub-category2/sub-sub-category1/(dump)
But, in SAB, all I see is:

/share/videos/catego
/share/videos/catego
/share/videos/catego
/share/videos/catego
/share/videos/catego
If I change the target path on-disk but then need to check which SAB category paths also need to be changed (to point to the new path), I have to manually select each field and move the cursor to the end of the field so the path name scrolls, or wait for the tooltip that only appears once the cursor has been placed in the field and moved (at least, that's the behavior in FF v52.3.0 ESR on Debian 9)

My CSS is very rusty but is it possible to auto-stretch the field width along with the browser display-port? Although, this might also require stretching all containers too so may be more trouble than it's worth. :P
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

OneCD wrote: September 19th, 2017, 4:15 pm My CSS is very rusty but is it possible to auto-stretch the field width along with the browser display-port? Although, this might also require stretching all containers too so may be more trouble than it's worth. :P
That is indeed what would need to happen, since all other pages of the Config stick to these Bootstrap defined widths it would be weird if the Categories page suddenly stretches.
I hope you don't need to change your category paths *that* often ;-)
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

No, it's a rare event, but also thought it might be an opportunity to suggest an interface improvement. I'll work within the current boundaries.

Thanks safihre. ;D