"Save Changes" & "Advanced" server buttons

Want something added? Ask for it here.
OneCD

"Save Changes" & "Advanced" server buttons

Post by OneCD »

Hello.

Just an idea for a possible appearance modification for the 'Servers' page. Here's a mockup I just 'GIMPed' together:

A fixed full-width toolbar just below the main menu bar across the top of the page. This toolbar would remain visible whilst on the 'Servers' page (same as the main menu bar), and would contain buttons for "Add Server", "Save Changes" & "Advanced".

The last two are presently duplicated for each server config block and each perform the same function across each block. This change would put them in a single place, removing the duplication.

Thoughts?
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: "Save Changes" & "Advanced" server buttons

Post by sander »

My personal opinion:

In Server, when I click on Add Server and fill out the server details, I have to click "+ Add Server" ... whereas I would find "Save Settings" a more logical naming.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I agree.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Another suggestion:

The SSL check button: move it to the right, in line with the other parameters.
Maybe rename it to "SSL/TLS"
And move the port number to advanced.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

If that checkbox was moved to the right (which would fit better with the theme of "item name - item field value - optional item description"), it would probably need to be changed on every page for consistency. I'm guessing this would be quite a task. ;D
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I don't mind the checkbox left, it's also nice on the Switches page to have the checkbox and then to the right you have the description.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate