Reduce Duplicates by Tracking Season and Episode

Want something added? Ask for it here.
coclk

Reduce Duplicates by Tracking Season and Episode

Post by coclk »

NZBVortex has a nifty set up for TV shows where you can set the season and episode to make sure (or more sure) you only get one copy of shows.

I tried out their solution (less recent release) a while back (on a slower Mac Mini) and was overall very pleased with it, but just had too much time invested in fine tuning my sabnzbd to make the jump and was on a under-powered Mac Mini.

In the settings for a TV show, you identify the season and episode you are on (or toggle that you want it to track season, episode when you begin a new show) and it seems to do a really great job of recognizing the sXX and eXX in the file names.

I have to believe sabnzbd team has considered implementing this. Is it on the roadmap anywhere?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Reduce Duplicates by Tracking Season and Episode

Post by safihre »

Sabnzbd already has season and series detection?
It has this for duplicate detection and in the RSS filters.
Is this not what you mean?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
coclk

Post by coclk »

Well, I have duplicate detection enabled but it just doesn't seem to work. The one built into NZBVortex really seems to work well with recognizing s05e08 was grabbed already and not getting the next 28 items with s05e08 in the title.

Or maybe I just don't understand how to set it up...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

How did you set it up? Via RSS?
Sabnzbd system is currently limited in that it only uses the history to detect duplicates, so if all episodes are added at once it won't detect that. However, in Rss it should still do that.

As a side note, have you considered using Sonarr? It takes care of everything you'd ever need in terms of series and automated downloading.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
coclk

Post by coclk »

I'll give sonarr a try. I think I couldn't before because it was overpowering my old Mac Mini. Thanks for the reminder.

For you other questions: yes, via RSS. But as you indicate, it seems a flood (as it usually happens) of the same episodes all in close proximity doesn't seem to catch it.

Maybe it's time to make the jump to another option, tired of cleaning out unused/unwanted files.