Speed Percentage by Priority?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
cmg

Speed Percentage by Priority?

Post by cmg »

I was wondering if there could be something implemented to set a speed percentage by priority, or maybe an override of the global setting by priority.

The idea would be something like my low priority stuff can maybe download at 10%, but if something come in as high or force it would go to 100% for just that item.

I tend to have a lot of items in the queue and don't want sab to take all the bandwidth normally, but when something important gets queued then have it go full throttle.

Thanks,
CG
OneCD

Re: Speed Percentage by Priority?

Post by OneCD »

+1
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
tonydav67

Re: Speed Percentage by Priority?

Post by tonydav67 »

+1 for this but I'd make it a little simpler.

I think it's been mentioned before that speed limit for individual items is near impossible to implement.

How about if we could specify a speed percentage based on highest priority item in the queue.

For example:
Low - 10%
Normal - 50%
High - 100%

So if there are only low priority items in the queue it will throttle to 10%

But if something gets added as normal queue will go to 50%, and if it's high to 100%

When the normal/high item is finished the conditions for normal/high wouldn't be met so the speed would go back to low - 10%.

Personally I have a large queue of low items that I know will eventually download but don't want them impacting my usage. But if I add something manually, or Sonarr grabs a new episode I want it downloaded quicker.

Apologies if I haven't explained this very well :)