Ability to move completed, verified downloads to another folder?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
hl2guide

Ability to move completed, verified downloads to another folder?

Post by hl2guide »

The ability to auto-move completed, verified downloads to another folder would be particularly useful. ;D O0

For example: Sabnzbd completes and verifies a download in the folder "C:\Downloads\Usenet Downloads" that is a fast internal SSD then is moved to an slower massive external HDD [3TB] archive.

This would allow the original download folder to be fast for decompression and processing reasons while having download data not taking up space on a small fast SSD.

A built-in, simple option for specifying a move target folder would be nice since it's easy to understand and does need post-processing nerdy scripting to be achieved.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ability to move completed, verified downloads to another folder?

Post by safihre »

I think I'm not getting it :P

You would want 3 folders, Incomplete, Intermediate, Complete?
But what if you just set Complete to the 3TB drive? That's not what you would like?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
hl2guide

Post by hl2guide »

Just 2 locations are involved. e.g.

The second location is a slower drive that is not suitable for fast processing (unpacking, etc).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So, repair and unpacking on drive 1 and only then move to drive 2?
Is that really faster? Since it will still have to transfer to drive 2, it will be stuck then?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
hl2guide

Post by hl2guide »

Answer #1: Yes
Answer #2: Yes
Answer #3: Stuck? What do you mean? ???

I'm just talking about automating the action I do manually already, moving completed files to another drive.

This functionality would allow me to have a download queue that is 100GB and have it run to completion without pausing.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The moving operation would block further post processing of other jobs.
I also have a small drive as download drive for my Incomplete folder, but then I have set the Complete folder to another slow drive. This way Unrar unpacks directly to the slow drive and then after it's done its gone right away from the Incomplete drive.
hl2guide

Post by hl2guide »

Okay I'll test that out more but in the past the unpack operation has taken much longer for me that way.