Can we make the search bar less possessive?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
OneCD

Can we make the search bar less possessive?

Post by OneCD »

Hello,

Using SABnzbd 2.3.2 with the 'Glitter - night' interface from source (master branch) and accessed via FireFox 58.0 on Debian Stretch.

The 'Search' bar works very well.

But when clearing it, the field remains in a 'wide' mode. If I click on a queue page number box, the search bar shrinks back to its normal width but my selected page is not shown. I then need to click my preferred page number again.

Would it be possible to change this behaviour so the search bar does not intercept the mouse-click? Instead, it would do its shrink-thing and my selected queue page would be shown?

Thank you.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can we make the search bar less possessive?

Post by safihre »

Hmm yeah, that's a browser thing.
The width is set using the "focused" state of the element, bit hard to circumvent that.
But if you do a very quick click anywhere else it will also 'defocus' and the next click should register.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Would it help if the search field width was fixed instead of variable? I've never understood why it goes wide then narrow. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

For better fit in case of longer pagination and mobile, and also for a bit of effects (I'll admit).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

No worries. Thanks @safihre. :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe some day I'll improve the interface overall, with newer techniques and proper API calls.. Maybe someday.
Still oozes patchwork in the backend and Javascript :|