Completely disable logging

Want something added? Ask for it here.
monavy

Completely disable logging

Post by monavy »

I'm currently running sabnzbd in a docker container on a Synology DiskStation. While I can assign all of the relevant folders of the docker container (config, complete, incomplete, watched, nzb backup) to encrypted so called shared folders, docker itself keeps most of its information in an unencrypted folder on my volume. Log messages that are sent from sabnzbd to stdout also appear in docker in the „Log“ tab where existing logs can't even be deleted. The only manual solution would be to remove the log file from the file system via PuTTy access.

Since I don't need any logging at all, I would like to have the opportunity to completely disable any logging in sabnzbd. I also tried to set logging parameters in sabnzbds config file, but they get changed back automatically on start.

Any chance this feature could get onto the list?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the great work. I really don't want to turn back to using the tool with the big green circle icon... :'(
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Completely disable logging

Post by jcfp »

monavy wrote: November 12th, 2018, 6:01 pmSince I don't need any logging at all, I would like to have the opportunity to completely disable any logging in sabnzbd. I also tried to set logging parameters in sabnzbds config file, but they get changed back automatically on start.
Sab has a command line option for this, setting it to -1 disables logging (and saves that setting in the config file). The log level "changing back" on startup is probably your docker setup forcing a log level by hardcoding it in the arguments it passes to the application on startup. These parameters are visible on the config landing page.
monavy

Post by monavy »

Well that's a case of RTFM... sorry! Altough the current wiki page (/wiki/advanced/command-line-parameters) doesn't state that you can use -1 to disable all kinds of logging, I could have guessed that.

Thank you very much for your help.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Thanks for the feedback, docs should be fixed now with commit 380be83 and pr 1192