Automatic sorting of categories

Want something added? Ask for it here.
FreeFun

Automatic sorting of categories

Post by FreeFun »

Hi,

it would be nice if the categories are automatically sorted according to the frequency they are used.

I have so many categories and I'm sure you can sort them in the admin area but not everything you download you download all the time. Many things you want to download you can only download a half year and then you have to wait a year.

Therefore my wish, that you can optionally activate in the admin area the automatic sorting of the categories so that in the dropdown menu is always at the top of what you have loaded lately!

Thanks for your attention!

best regards
FreeFun ;)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Automatic sorting of categories

Post by safihre »

In Config > Categories you can drag and drop the categories to sort them, this will also sort them in the dropdown menu!
Is this not sufficient?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FreeFun

Post by FreeFun »

Unfortunately not for many categories. I regularly have to move the 5-10 categories to the top so that I don't have to search for them all the time.

It would be a good idea if you could set the category that you have used the most recently to always be high up.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The category sorting is actually there for a purpose: the matching of indexer tags inside the NZB's and inside the headers of the indexers are searched for in the order that the categories are listed.
This way you can for example have "HD 4k" category and a "HD" category for everything that doesn't match that first one. So auto sorting can't happen..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FreeFun

Post by FreeFun »

Ahh okay, then I'm using the wrong one!