Allow more passwords in the list

Want something added? Ask for it here.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Allow more passwords in the list

Post by ErikBrown »

The number of passwords in the passwords list is limited to 30. I have collected over time more than that. This results in the warning message:

"Your password file contains more than 30 passwords, testing all these passwords takes a lot of time. Try to only list useful passwords."

Is this really a technical limit? If not, then would it not be possible to leave it up to the user to accept the long time it takes to try these passwords? I really enjoy the automation level of SABnzbd. But keeping this limit reduces this level.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Allow more passwords in the list

Post by sander »

Is this really a technical limit?
In the past, users put 1000 words into that list, let SAB run, and then complained in the forum "why does it take so long". So a CPU problem leading to user complaints. So therefor there is a warning.
If not, then would it not be possible to leave it up to the user to accept the long time it takes to try these passwords? I really enjoy the automation level of SABnzbd. But keeping this limit reduces this level.
I don't understand: it's just a warning, so SAB proceeds and does check all the passwords, doesn't it?
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

"and does check all the passwords, doesn't it?"

I am not sure about that. But if it does and the message can be ignored, then I can live with that.
Thanks for your reply..
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You can disable these messages by disabling the helpfull_warnings switch in Config > Special.

But indeed, if the job is encrypted it will try all the listed passwords. Each try can take up to 5 seconds on my Core i7 system (depends on encryption and compression used of the job) so if you have for example 100 passwords it will only give up in the worst case after 500 seconds = 8 minutes.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate