Add MediaInfo to History

Want something added? Ask for it here.
activoice

Add MediaInfo to History

Post by activoice »

Would it be possible in a future release to have the option of running mediainfo after a media file is downloaded (perhaps the user can enter a list of file extensions they want checked)

Then when the user expands the details for those downloads in the history it will show basic codec info, like what audio and video codecs are present in the media files and how many audio channels the audio tracks have.

Reason for this request is often times the type or number of audio channels is not always part of the release name, or mislabelled and there is no NFO so I see multiple releases of something on my indexer, but until I go to my PC and look at the download I have no idea whether I downloaded the 2ch version or the 5.1ch version.

These features could possible be expanded later to include other mediainfo properties in future releases once the popularity of this feature is seen.
Puzzled

Re: Add MediaInfo to History

Post by Puzzled »

I don't think this will be added but you can create the functionality yourself using a post script. The output from the script included in the history info. Try adding one of the sample scripts to one of the cateories to see how it works.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Oh, I didn't know mediainfo. Nice tool:

Code: Select all

$ mediainfo  blabla.mkv | grep -A100 Text | grep -i language
Language                                 : English
... so: English subs
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I think mediainfo is used by Sonarr /Radarr etc!
But indeed, you can simply achieve this by running a post processing script that just loops over all the files and runs mediainfo on them.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate