Email: attach NZB file.

Want something added? Ask for it here.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Email: attach NZB file.

Post by DeXeS »

Maybe a nice feature to get not only a email that the download is done, but also the nzb file. some sort of replacement for the nzb backup folder...

Just a suggestion. If it takes to much time to make, nevermind.
KaiUno

Re: Email: attach NZB file.

Post by KaiUno »

Yeah... but eh... why?
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

sometimes I downloaded something a couple of weeks ago and I removed it, but now need it again I search the nzb backup folder. Why not just search trough the downloaded complete emails.
Usenet

Post by Usenet »

Wouldnt it be even nicer if SAB checked an inbox every 10 min and then if a attched nzb was there it would start to download. Were handy for starting downloads from works etc.. :)
KaiUno

Post by KaiUno »

I have it listening on port I know is open. I'm one-click-adding to my home-que from work via the newzbin site without problems. (Yes, browsing newsposts does eat up some of the bosses time, but I couldn't care less.)
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Usenet wrote: Wouldnt it be even nicer if SAB checked an inbox every 10 min and then if a attched nzb was there it would start to download. Were handy for starting downloads from works etc.. :)

indeed get a newsbin account , instal sabtab in FF , and you can insert nzb.s from everywhere
Last edited by rascalli on February 18th, 2008, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeXeS
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by DeXeS »

Don't think I explained it right... when the download is done, you get an email that says that the download is done. so why not also automatically attach the just downloaded nzb file, to the received email
switch

Post by switch »

Sorry, but this is a very niche request so is unlikely to be added by one of the developers unless they want it in themselves. Email is currently handled by an external perl script so it is out of my programing knowledge anyway.

Also some .nzb's can be between 2Meg and 20+Megabytes in size, not everyone has the email capacity to hold all the nzb's they download; even with GMail's always expanding space.

You may want to look into some external application that can monitor a folder (your nzb backup folder) and email any item that is put inside.